KSB 1.1s

trainun

July 11, 2001

Hope someone can help. I just recently acquired a mint condition pair of Heresy IIs to replace my old set of main speakers which were a hodgepodge setup. I'm strictly a classical music listener and so my system (Sony GX67ES receiver running the speakers) is not surround sound, but I do have a pair of Radio Shack Minimus speakers for the rear ambience. I had thought about replacing them with Quintets, but I'm not sure about that. I've just seen some new KSB 1.1 speakers offered on eBay, but can't find out anything about them as far as whether they might work better for the rear than the Quintets.

Does anyone out there have any ideas, opinions, etc.? They'll be gratefully appreciated.

Can't give you any specifics (except to say that they will sound better than Quintets). You can find the specs for the 1.1s on the Klipsch web site, under Home Audio. Take the "Classic" link and then scroll down to the KSB 1.1. After you click on it, you can see the specs on the left of the screen.

Doug

KSB 1.1;65Hz-20kHz,92 spl,bass reflex(port),new they were $230 a pair,but got mine for $199 at a dealer.

Not a bad speaker at all,were my mains in my bedroom HT,but found some 2.1's.Can't really tell any difference between them.The 1.1's are now in my "Klipsch closet"waiting for whatever.

Trainun, I just bought a pair of KSB 1.1's that I plan to use as rear surround speakers. When they cam in, I hooked them up as my mains to give them a little test. I was quite surprised at the fullness of the sound. Very, very good. The best part is that I purchased at www.ubid.com for $49.00 each! They usually list the KSB 1.1 a few times a week, at a starting price of $39.00 ea. I wouldn't go over $40 or $50 each because they appear to have a vast inventory of these. BTW, I also purchased the KSC-C1 and KSW-12 from them. So far, so LOUD. ;-) Good luck.

Mark