LaScalas and PW2200 - match experiences??

RossVTaylor

Hi gang,

I'm not not budgetarily able, nor having the patientocity, (how's *that* for making up words for effect!) to buy one of the new RSW-15's. Having a new subwoofer (read SVS) delivered to my door could cause some.... errr... "discussions" right now (subwoofers don't rank up there with backyard landscaping in everyone's eyes). I also don't have the time to make my own sonotube.

So, I've been looking around and reading. I am really impressed with the Paradigm PW2200 I finally heard today. Really impressed! But, I'd really like input from anyone who's heard this sub with Heritage speakers. I'd be using it in a fairly small dedicated media/HT room (about 11' wide by 19' long) with a pair of LaScalas up front, Heresy IIs for center and rear music surrounds, and four RS-3s for movie surrounds. I really like the sound of the LaScalas with music, just as they are - usually. But, there are some music sources that need a bit more bottom end. I'm usually a jazz listener, but mix in the odd bit of Latin or New Wave (odd term for 20 year old music, I know - it's scaring me that I'm seeing my old favorites sold on TV "Best of the Oldies" sets). And of course, with movies, I need the subwoofer.

Given all that, are there any of you with prior experience or input on this sub/speaker combo?

Thanks all,

Ross

------------------

"Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana."

Everything I have heard about the PW2200 has been very good. I have LaScalas and a Velodyne CT150 on sub duty. Other postings have rated the PW2200 ahead of the CT150, I was never able to demo the 2200 so I cannot comment on any comparison. As long as the PW2200 is fully adjustable, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be a good match with the LaScalas. I was seriously considering it for myself, but had no way to demo it. I hate buying without having seen, touched and played with it in person. I could have bought the PW2200 for $600 plus shipping via online ordering. I ended up buying the CT150 online since I was able to get it delivered for $512. I am currently satisfied with the CT150, but that just may be because I haven't heard any of the "Big Boys" yet. Just as I am still very happy with my LaScalas, never having heard the Khorns. For me the sub has helped enhance music listening, but adds a substantial new dimension to movies. By the way, how do you like sound the RS-3s in combination with your LaScalas?

------------------

Thanks,

Bill Dillon

Mains: LaScalas

Center: KLF C7

Front Effects: None Yet

Rears: Chorus IIs

Rear Center: None Yet

Sub: Velodyne CT150

Receiver: Yamaha RX-V3000

DVD: Sony 560D

TV: Toshiba 61" 61H70

Dillon and Seb,

I've been out of state, AFK for a few days. Thanks for the replies!

Everything I've read about the PW2200 was positive, but I'd not seen any info on it's ability to mesh with Heritage Klipsches. I did go listen to it, and I was darn impressed. So impressed that I decided to enter uncharted waters and buy it. Of course, this was right before I left home so I've not really had a chance to play with it. I'll test it out and report more when I return home on the 23rd.

Hasta and thanks,

Ross

------------------

"Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana."