Anyway to output DD and 4 speaker output to 5.1 Pros?

Yes, I know, ANOTHER Promedia 5.1 question. My question is that I want to use the output of my H+ (DD\DTS(DTS not required but a nice feature)) for movies, and also just use the 4 speaker output of my sound card for games and such to the 5.1 Pros(I don't want to be wire switching when ever I want to do something different). I know this will require an external decoder of some sort. I looked at both the jazz speakers DE-006 and the videologic digitheatre and niether seem to have analog input for both front and rear speakers, unless i'm mistaken...

This message has been edited by LordHelmet on 07-12-2001 at 09:06 PM

I'm afraid that's not what I was asking (unless i'm just an idiot and you did answer my question and i'm not understanding) Also, would I be able to take the S/PDIF output of the H+ to the s/pdif input on the sblive (with that extra daughter card) and then use the s/pdif output of the sblive to a decoder and have both the DD play through it and just "normal" 4 speaker output, or would that just be more of a question for creative tech support?

LordHelmet;

Look into the Panasonic SH-AC500D decoder. It has a 6 channel input as well as 3 digital inputs, and will do what I think you want it to.

I paid about $250 for mine, about 1-1/2 yrs ago.

-djf

------------------

Klipsch ProMedia Customer Service # is

1-888-554-5665

Thanks for the suggestion. I had a feeling I was going to have to go into the budget home theater type decoders rather than those more cheaper "computer theatre" type decoders. (~$100 ones).

Now that I looked at it more i seems to be pretty much exactly what I was looking for, I like that it just passes the audio through on the analog inputs, that way I can have the speakers stupidly loud for movies and a more normal sound level for games all without having to change the volume. Also do you have any problem auto detecting dts signals, supposedly the early models had a problem with this (was easily fixed by switching the audio mode on the remote, but I want to be lazy!) and they fixed it later, or so some claim, just curious if you happen to have such a problem (assuming you tried dts movies that is)

This message has been edited by LordHelmet on 07-14-2001 at 01:25 AM

IIRC, the one I have does not autodetect. Can't verify again because I don't have any DTS discs handy, but I believe it defaulted to stereo when the disc was put in.

------------------

Klipsch ProMedia Customer Service # is

1-888-554-5665