Denon 2803 test tones starting point.

TIbor

Sorry for the double post... 14.gif I was going over some of the setting in the denon setup menu..When I do the manual test tones the reciever automatically brings the volume up to 00( which is near max!) and from they I can calibrate it at 75db. I know there is no need to set do testtones on the receiver menu if I plan on using the dve disc for a actual tone settings... But my question is this, when I do the dvd route for test tones I bring the volume up to -15(my reference level) and calibrate it at 75 db from there. But since the receiver goes to 00 volume level for test tones is that a better starting point for doing the test tones on the dve disc at 75 db.

Hope you follow my poor explanation! Usually evening equals beer which equals slurred thought process11.gif

I'm guessing 00 on your Denon will yield a volume so high you'll never be able to be in the same room long enough to calibrate, given the sensitivity of Klipsch speakers. Plus, I don't you can dial the individual channels down far enough to give you 75db.

In my case, 85db happens at about -10 on my Denon.