Wireless streaming

I am beginning to learn about the computer - HT mating process.

Does anyone have experience with the Gateway DVD player that will stream audio and video (at least pictures) from a computer?

http://accessories.gateway.com/AccessoryStore/Consumer+Electronics_381930/Digital+TV_381941/DVD+Players_9000002/1532498_ProdDetail?tpcid=1000&productid=1532498

The price is right ($250, including a "g" speed router).

I am most interested in streaming internet radio.

TIA for any info.

I have the Go Video D2730 which I believe is the same thing.

http://www.govideo.com/Download/D2730_spec.pdf

Got it at Buy.com for $129 (it's $140 now there).

The Gateway package looks like a pretty good deal, since it comes with a wireless Ethernet card as well as the router. The GoVideo only comes with a standard ethernet card.

It's an OK DVD player, but the networking is all that makes it worthwhile.

I bought the GoVideo because they had an upgrade available for it that allows you to access your Rhapsody account through your audio system. I'm not sure if the Gateway allows you to do that. (I don't know if the Gateway can do this) That is a pretty cool feature, although you can only access new content from the computer. Once you put it into your folder through the Rhapsody software, then you can stream any of that content to your audio system. One down side is there is no way to shuffle Rhapsody playlists that you made. Still very cool though.

I have mine wired, so I can't tell you anything about setup, or how it works wirelessly.

Adam