PLEASE help w/ impedance of new reference. (Phil, Bob, Jim, anyone?)

Okay? I'm begging. Can someone PLEASE tell me what the impedance curve for the RF-5's and RF-7's looks like? What is the lowest dip in the midbass/bass area?

I'm not even asking for the complete impedance graph. (Although I know plenty of speaker companies that DO give this out, and it is unimaginably usefull.)

Charlie

------------------

"What's that noise?" "It's the carpet, it kinda mutes the speakers." "No, it sounded more like the chandalier falling."

Hey Spider,

That is a good question. This would give you an idea how difficult the speakers are to control by the amplifier. So I extend this question to the RF-3's.

------------------

-------------------------

Receiver: Onkyo 676

DVD: Pioneer DV-525

Screen: Thomson 46" RetroProjection

Front: RF-3's

Rear: RF-3's

Center: RC-3

Sparc, I have RF-3's and they drop to nearly 4 ohms in the bass region, making them a very poor match for SET (tubed) amplifiers.

I was hoping the RF-5's or 7's would be better, but Trey is gone for at least a week, so I'll find out then, I suppose.

Charlie

------------------

"What's that noise?" "It's the carpet, it kinda mutes the speakers." "No, it sounded more like the chandalier falling."

Spider,

How do you know this, can you measure this easy ??

It would be the same for the RF-5 since they use exactly the same woofers. For the RF-7 it will propably even wors as they use even 10" drivers.

------------------

-------------------------

Receiver: Onkyo 676

DVD: Pioneer DV-525

Screen: Thomson 46" RetroProjection

Front: RF-3's

Rear: RF-3's

Center: RC-3

Hrmm.. I thought Klipsch said they changed the motor structure.... not sure.

I am not optimistic about the new reference speakers. I was hoping to stay with Klipsch with my next upgrade, but that is seeming less and less likely every day.

Given how unsuited the new reference speakers are and the difficulty I am having in aquiring decent Heritage speakers, the odds are good I will move to Bottlehead Straight 8's or Hammer Dynamics Super 12's.

Charlie

------------------