New system rocks!

endover

I've had my HK 7200 for about 2 months now and I'm finally learning all the buttons! What a great piece of equipment! I ain't rich so for someone on a budget(and even NOT on a budget), this is awesome!

No, it doens't have all the internet radio capability stuff that's becoming more common(even in the 7300...I think) but I haven't been too interested in that part of it anyway.

Yes, this is the best I've EVER heard my Chorus II's. It's so warm and full!

My wife doesn't comment a lot on the HT stuff as long as she can figure out how to start the movies but she LOVES the second multi-room remote that comes with it (which means she'll use it more....and maybe become more interested)....Ha! Once I got finished being all nerdy and playing with the "setup" remote that has every button under the sun, "I" even like the smaller simpler remote.

My living room will never be able to take full advantage of 7.1 (nor will my budget) so I'm just running 5.1 but the house is still shakin with every bit of clarity you could imagine! I've got to find a way to get the plates in the kitchen to stop rattling during the boomy scenes. Those Chorus II's will keep me from buying a sub for a loooooong time!

All I got was a new receiver but it's like everything is new! Now I've got to go back out and re-checkout some DVD's.

Actually, I haven't hooked up that part of the system yet.

My entertainment system just happens to be in a bad place in my home. My system sits up against a "false wall" (doesn't go all the way up to the vaulted ceiling). Since I live in FL, there are no basements and that makes it super hard to run wiring to other locations in the housse. I have one pillar that most of my existing wiring is running up thru now but in Summer in FL, ya just don't go up in the attic! It daily gets to 135 degrees up there!!!

I ran some good wiring about 4 months ago just to get it up in the attic but I have to get back up there to run it down my walls or mount any ceiling speakers that I will eventually pick up.

It will be October before I spend any significant time up in the attic. For now, my wife is just using the second remote because it's has less buttons and is much less confusing for her!