Audio Tornado

Hey, does anyone have this? is it good? I am sure it is... is it made by klipsch. does it have modial technology? is it any better than other brands or is there better out there for the same or close to the same price? i have a SB Live MP3+ 5.1 sound card... do i need the tornado for my 5.1 ProMedias when i get them? Cause it has front elft right, rear left right, a midi joystick thing, then an input, another input and then a digital. So, would i do this?

Front left right in front left right

Rear left right in rear left right

Center/Sub in digital

and then tell SoundBlaster that it is a 5.1 setup?

Or is this card only 5.1 with digital connection?

Thanks

------------------

-justin

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

This message has been edited by justin_tx_16 on 07-18-2001 at 08:04 AM

I can not answer all of your questions...but I do know this.

The Audio Tornado is not made by Klipsch. It is also not unique to Klipsch in that you can buy it from Midiland's website also. In addition it ships with the Midiland S4 8200 5.1 speakers, so it has been out awhile.

IF you decide to buy it, I recommend you check the price at Midiland before you buy from Klipsch. f>cwm11.gifhttp://www.midiland.com/proddetail.asp?linenumber=32&category=

system1graphic-antecgreyback.gif

urladdress.gif

L I N K

This message has been edited by uthaman on 07-21-2001 at 09:51 AM

That's cool. I really just wanted to bring an option to your attention, since they are identical (except for the logo on the unit and the remote graphics...try zooming in on the Audio Tornado to get a closer look).

You might want to do a search to address your other questions. I've seen many posts asking the same questions about the SBLive 5.1 and the Promedia 5.1's.

Peace,

------------------

urladdress.gif

L I N K

Actually, they are not identical in the custom software on board the Klipsch version. Perhaps Amy will comment with specifics when she reads this thread.

• Moderators

Yes, the AT has been modified for Klipsch speakers--so it will work with the ProMedia's bass management system. Basically, the AT is always in "large" speaker mode, for optimum bass, which ordinarily would not be the case (without the mod).

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

WOW!

I'm glad I replied to Justin's lonely post...looks like I stirred enough controversy to finally get an answer.

Thanks Klipsch for the definitive response. I'm impressed that you did more to the stock unit than just customize the graphics.

------------------

urladdress.gif

L I N K