DD-5.1 with my Promedia 4.1's

I was wondering how the DD-5.1 would work with the 4.1's. I actually had 3 questions:

1. Would I lose the center channel, or would it be redistributed to the other front speakers?

2. How would the quality of the 4.1's with the DD-5.1 compare to the 5.1 system? Would I lose any sounds/channels?

3. Would it be possible to buy a stand-alone center speaker to add to my 4.1's, and how would it be installed? Does Klipsch offer one?

Thanks for the help.

I'm using a set of 4.1's with the DD-5.1 and they work great. The DD-5.1 allows you to use a digital connection from your computer thus turning your 4.1's into a 5.1 system. The center channel is sent to both front speakers. The DD-5.1 will not amplify your signal, the volume control will only lower or mute it. So if you connect a center speaker it will be outside of the 4.1's controls making it harder to balance the sound, you could do it but I don't see why you would want to unless your front speakers are very far apart. The desk Im using doesnt have room for a center speaker so the front speakers are on each side of the monitor so mixing the center to both front speakers is a perfect solution.