shocking experience leads to non working 4.1's =[

kream

For the last few months the main plug (preamp input) has been troublesome. Today, the rear left speaker finally stopped working completely, no matter how much I twisted and turned the preamp wire. Me being mr cool that I am, I decided I could fix this myself...

Well, I took everything apart (mistake #1) then I attempted to fix the plug. After I thought I tightened up the rear plug I put everything back together. Plugged the unit back into the wall... damn I forgot to connect the ribbon I removed to fix the plug. Ok, so I open everything back up (mistage #2), grab the ribbon without realizing mistake #3.... mistake #3 is I had not unplugged the unitcwm6.gif So thats when it hit me (literally) I got a nice shock which sent me pacing around the house for a few minutes. Ok, I checked the fuse (it was fine) and I reinstalled the sub/amp cover. (making sure the ribbon was installed)

Now, I can get a little green light on the control pod but no matter what I cannot get any sound Frown.gif

Is there only one fuse?

I guess i'm just gonna have to wait for the 5.1's?

cwm41.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Kream,

The good news is the power supply is most likely good. You getting shocked shouldn't have been enough to damage the power supply. The body's natural electrical resistance is high enough to not short the supply to ground and damage it. I would check all your connections again. Especially the red and black wires that run to and from the power supply and all the individual amplifiers cards. If all the connections are in order then either you lost one or more outputs from the power supply or the op amps (TL074CN) in the sub or pre-amp are fried. I would grab a multimeter and check to see if you've got proper voltages on the op amps (pins 4 & 11 on IC) in the sub. Here is a link to the data on the op amp http://www.burks.de/tron/pdf/tl074.pdf. If none of this makes any sense or if your gun shy send it into Klipsch for repair.

Good Luck!

The_Shark

only sympathy for u, I KNOW wat it feels like blowing up something u own that costs hundreds of dollars.

just b4 u make anymore "mistage" u might wanna send it to klipsch and let them repair it for u. take this as a lesson, loosen up! Smile.gif

This message has been edited by splinter on 08-03-2001 at 09:54 AM