ok, now that the 5.1s are coming out... what will the next upgrade be, if any?

Not saying that I don't think the 5.1s will sound FANTASTIC, I just don't want to see an upgrade come out in 6 months... you know? I mean, if you guys really wanted to, you could kick some *** and make a high price system that has full sized drivers on the sats, like 6 inches or something, and 10 inch subs.... Yeah, it would probably cost a lot of money, but i would buy it, and a whole lot of other people would....

I guess i'm just wondering if you will be coming out with any upgrade within, say, the next 6 months or so???

------------------

I like sounds.

Ummm, 6" drivers on the sats? Well, the problem with that is, that setup would essentially be a HT setup, not a multimedia setup. To make a setup like that, the costs would easily be in the range of HT speakers, so if that's what you want, then look into buying some qality bookshelf speakers, a powered sub, and a reciever, it worked perfectly fine for me Smile.gif

It's a good point about the HT speakers. But, honestly for 400 dollars I think you get better sound from these klipsch speakers then you could get from buying a cheapy set of speakes, a sub, and reciever.... but yeah, if i wanted to spend a lot more money, i would just do the HT thang....

I guess i'm just sort of curious to see what the next upgrade is going to be, if any...

------------------

I like sounds.

Well, also look at it this way. MY PC/HT setup cost me about 700 - 750 USD (a full 5.1 setup, and that includes reciever). Yes it's 300 - 350 more then the Pro 5.1, but this setup squashes ANY multimedia setup around. I bought this a few weeks before talk of the 5.1's, came out, so the only other speakers I was looking at at the time were the Klipsch 4.1's, the Videologic Crossfires, and the Midiland 8200's. After looking them over, they just didn't cut it for me, so I spent the extra cash, and I must say, it was EASILY worth it Smile.gif

For that 700 - 750, I got myself a Yamaha HTR 5250 reciever (100w x 5, DTS, DD), 2 pairs of Acoustic Research 206HO bookshelf speakers (5 1/4" mids, .75" tweeters), 1 Acoustic Research CS25HO centre channel (dual 5 1/4" drivers, 1" tweeter), and a Sony SAWM40 sub (12" driver) (the price of the 206HO's was 75 bux/pair, down from about 250, cause they were discontinued, and the CS25HO was the same story).

So, the moral of this post, hell ya, get the 5.1's if you want great, loud sound, but don't discount other options if ya have the ca$h Smile.gif