I need to replace 2 of my speakers... please help...

lancestorm

Well it is not going to work. I will not be able to utilize my floorstanders for the surround work in the new theater. I will still use the other 3 floorstanders to work the front. What would you suggest as a good replacement for surrounds? The RS-3II seems like the right option, but I wanted the experts to weigh in.

There *is* a possibility to use the floorstanders in a configuration that would put the surrounds behind the first row near the wall but in front of the second row...pointing the speaks to the back shoulders of the front row...doesn't make much sense and won't sound that great IMHO, but I have yet to try it (would give it a go in a few months once room is finished). Trying to squeeze two rows of 4 seats in a 14 foot wide room *and* put the floorstanding surrounds in just doesn't seem feasible. I wish I could hoist those floorstanders in the air, turn them sideways, and point them downwards towards both rows, but no useful suggestions came out of that thread I started a while back.

Your suggestions?