FS - '76 LaScalas - Extra Clean With Grills

gullahisland

Necessity to purchase a new vehicle forces me to part with my newly acquired '76 Klipsch LaScalas.

They have (of course) the AA crossovers and are in extra nice condition. The only notable flaw is a couple of small chips in the finish on the back portion of the top of one speaker. (maybe a half inch?...small)

These are the cleanest LaScalas that I, personally, have seen.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to take pictures, but trust me when I say that you won't be disappointed.

I'm in a bit of a bind and looking for a QUICK local transaction (Northern California). I need the cash.

First right of refusal goes to Neo as he had indicated some interest previously.

I am asking for $1,050. Look at the ratty cockroaches that have been selling on Ebay for $1,025 and you'll know that this a VERY nice deal.

I bought them from the original owner (his wife cried when I picked them up...no kidding) about a month-and-a-half ago.

As I stated, I need to take care of another obligation PRONTO, so if my price seems unreasonable, shoot me a "reasonable" offer - I just might take it if you can make immediate payment.

Check my history on this board and my considerable feedback on AudiogoN (same username) to know that you're dealing with a very honest and reputable seller.

Thanks!!8.gif

BTW - Anybody wanna' buy a Sunfire Cinema Grand for $900 DELIVERED??

No preamp. The Sunfire is a 5-channel, 200 watt per channel amplifier.

I bought it to bi-amp a pair of grossly inefficient monitors but have since sold the speakers. I've been using it lately to drive the Klipschorns and, while 200wpc is obviously WAY more power than they need, the quality of the sound is surprisingly good.

It also has an interesting feature that allows you to connect the speakers to either a voltage source (traditional solid state sound) or a current source which reportedly approximates a "tube" amplifier. It's an interesting feature and works pretty well, but I prefer the more coherent sound of the voltage outputs. YMMV.

The only other gear that I have is an Audible Illusions S-120 that I'd be willing to sell for $600 including shipping.

----------------

On 8/5/2004 4:30:27 PM tubelover wrote:

What finish are they?
----------------

I figured this was obvious, but that's what I get for ASSuming.

They are Birch Raw. They have clearly been oiled (BLO - Tung Oil?) and have a VERY attractive natural wood finish. They're quite beautiful. They're just like the Birch Raw Heresys that I sold last year. I'll attach a photo of the Heresy for you to view as a comparison.

type this in...

<#img src="http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/heresy19smaller.JPG">Birch Heresy<#/img>

Just remove the pound symbols. Or, of course, just cut and paste and remove the pound symbols. I made the image smaller for you.

BTW, they are nice. She really cried, huh? I would like to have seen that. 2.gif

----------------

On 8/5/2004 5:07:20 PM Klipschfoot wrote:

BTW, they are nice. She really cried, huh? I would like to have seen that.
2.gif
----------------

You're CRUEL2.gif

Yeah...She knew that the speakers were here husband's babies. He kept a pair of Chorus IIs, but the LaScalas were his pride and joy.

Interestingly, he was a horn player (as am - was - I).

As you may have aleady seen, I have posted the LaScalas on AudiogoN. My offer, however, stands to sell them to a forum member first.

You'll also notice that my asking price is $100 less here on the forum.

Triceratops - What happened? Did you receive my email??

BTW - My "new" (used) car has a BOSE stereo14.gif !