ok, so promedia 5.1 is the best, so what soundcard will work best with it???

Rnotley

okay, we've all decided that the promedia 5.1 speaker system is going to be the kick-*** system of the year........... NO DOUBT.

BUT, what good is it w/o a good sound card to back it up? I mean, are all sound cards that say they support digital 5.1 speaker output the same?

Currently, I have a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz with a cambridge sounworks 5.1 speaker system.. and i honestly think it rocks. but who knows, maybe somebody else has compared this sound card with others and know that i'm wrong............. or, is no sound card worthy of the promedia 5.1 speaker system... ?!?!? PLEASE HELP!

- Ry

First of all check the posts on the Sound Card forum, you'll find a lot of good infomration there.

Second, your TBSC is an Excellent choice for the 5.1's.

As far as sound quality goes, it's better than the Sound Blaster, and equivalent to any other card out there. The only advantage you would get with another card (Game Theatre XP) would be an external box and extra connections.

Don't forget the Phillips Acoustic Edge. If you buy a GTXP, you get boring old stereo from your music, and at most 4 channel from your games. The AE will take ANY stero stream and 'expand it' into 5.1 channels. You don't get all those funky connections though. It depends what is important to you; sound stage or the ability to plug your electric Kazoo into your soundcard.