Ceiling Mounts for RS-35?

Jerry Gardner

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've used OmniMount in the past with four RS-7s. With the RS-35s the feedback I got from Omnimount was:

On the 20.0 series, the mounting plate has a two slotted hole configuration that will adapt to the speaker. 1 3/4" - 3 3/8". The 20.5 series has a two hole configuration that is 3" apart. So where those threaded inserts are on the speaker will determine which mount you use.

The ST version will only come in a single thread onto the speaker. The 20.0 is a 3/8"-16 thread and the 20.5 is a 7/16"-20 thread.

I've asked Klipsch support for their recommendation between the 20.0 and 20.5 series, since they don't publish the thread size or pics of the back of the RS-35 online anywhere that I can see.

Here's some more:

20.5 Series 2 hole Clamp Assembly is 3 5/8" height x 2 3/16" Width

Mounting Plate is 3 3/16" height x 2 1/4" Width

Ballshaft thread spec is 7/16" - 20

CA - Ceiling - 4 5/8" angle to bracket/speaker

9" from ceiling mounting plate to center of clamp assembly

** UPDATE: Another post on this forum said "The thread size is 1/4-20" for the RC-35. Looks like to mount these puppies you'll have to drill a few holes in the back of your RC-35. I did this with two 20.0 mounts per RS-7 and ceiling mounted em, made sure to mount into studs, rock solid. For the RS-35s I'm sure one 20.0/20.5 mount would work, 30.5 if you want a 4 hold clamp assembly to be sure it doesn't go anywhere **

Omni mounts are a bit expensive. I decided to take a different approach. I went to home depot and found these unique looking shelf brackets and used them. I used 3 bolted together and then just drove them into the studs in the ceiling. I think they ran me about 6 bucks eah and they come in black, white, and the grey. Attached is a pic of the ones I used for the rear center.

Scooter

post-8797-13819257407654_thumb.jpg

How rigid are those mounts scooter? I've thought about them many times and everytime I'm in Home Depot I see the brackets and it reminds me of them again. I've always felt that they would be susceptible to vibrations and all that. But then again, it's common to hang speakers with chain and that would be even more susceptible. And then there's the people that go to great lengths to bolt their speakers to the foundation so that they can't move at all (ie, artto is one of them). That said, how do you feel they perform? If you bump them, do they shake a bit?