sb-3 or sf-2

Indyboy

I am buying speakers for my room(about 12' by 10'). I like the sb-3's b/c they are a good size, i can place them at ear level on a desk or something, and they are less expensive. However, i do like the sound of the sf-2's better and the bass as well. The sf-2's will be a tight fit in my room with all my stuff and i wasnt sure if it would be worth it to get floorstanding speakers. I also have a pair of klh bookshelf speakers that i will put somewhere in my room. Which speakers would you suggest for a bedroom(i like to play them loud) the size of mine? Thanks!1.gif

Also..would a onkyo tx-sv636 be a good receiver to hook up to these speakers for music?

I would suggest getting the sb-3's over the sf2's. never heard the sf2's but have been told they have lower bass reponse(and for obvious reasons) and a little more spl(I don't think much though). I own sb3's and rb25's. my parents own the sb1's. I can honestly say that for a cheaper bookshelf(instead of the reference rb35 or 75's) the sb3's flat out rock(and now at bestbuy you can get them for $350, did you plan to get them there, and did you know about it??)!

if you get a decent sub down the road you won't need "space-taking up" sf2's. and just for your info going from a 6.5" driver to 8" woofer is a big difference. I have compared the rb25's and the sb3's and rb25s get completely schooled when in comes to bass.

and as for the receiver- are you picky?? I mean some people say that yamaha/onkyo receivers are "bright" and it really shows more on Klipsch speakers because they have horns. so unless your worried about brightness or harshness so to speak, I would get the onkyo. they make good stuff.

scp53

ps: would you ever consider Klipsch Reference?? much better sound but then theres that iritating $$$ thing. something comprable to the sb3's is the rb35's- which cost 600ish brandnew. maybe 500-550 if the dealer marks them down. but if you go to these you'd probably want to get a better receiver- which = more $$.