woofer placement question

neomartic

This is a pic of my room. I'm thinking about moving the filing cabinet and corner loading the ultra sub. However, I need a place to put the fridge so I'd have to put a table over the Ultra sub. How do you think this would sound? Would it be better if I just left it where it is? Right now I'm not really happy because I can't hear much of the bass from the sub while sitting at my computer. Please somebody help me out here.

Early thanks for your responses. 1.gif

post-15474-13819257616492_thumb.jpg

To be honest, there really is no way to know ahead of time if something concerning speaker placement is going to sound good or bad. All I can suggest is some trial and error and go from there. Though, having a table above your subwoofer isn't going to sound any worse than your sub sitting underneathe your desk.

One trick that's been floating around the forum is to place your subwoofer at your listening position (like on your chair), and then crawl around the room listening for a location where the sub sounds it's best (not just boomy or loud, but clean...unless of course you like boomy and loud) 2.gif Once you find a good location, go ahead and place your sub there and it should now sound good at your main listening location.