Speaker Cable Thoughts

richinlr

----------------

On 9/6/2004 4:10:16 PM William F. Gil McDermott wrote:

Yeah you have to pick a woofer with the right T-S parameters.

St = 2*pi*Fs*Qes*Vas/c

The throat area comes out in square inches if you use Vas in cubic inches and c in inches per second.

My recall is the the K-33 comes out with a bit more than the 78 square inch throat of the K-Horn.

When I made the K-Horns I used an EVM-15L at first. Then went to a Pyramid. The mid has a EV 1824 and the tweeter is a T-35.

I've moved on to other projects and intend to give them to my high school in the fall. Shipping is not going to be cheap. But the kids should have fun. There are still geeks, such as I was, attending.

In one early article PWK encouraged home builders and provided plans. Then later, I guess he was warry of competitors and poor results with his name associated with them.

Gil

----------------

Thanks!!

This is a great thread. I've been a speaker freak for over 20 years and have degrees in Electronics and Computer Hardware, so I understand the electronic as well as the physics of the discussion. I'm always reading reviews about different designs and implementations. I plan one day to build my own speakers and had subscribed to Speaker Builder for a couple of years. But, after getting a position as a network administrator, I had little time to both attempt to design speakers and enjoy listening to them, so I've concentrated my efforts on the latter. All along I've read postings and white papers, but still have many questions. This posting has answered several of them. The posting was very infomational and well presented. I'll be watching for future posts.