Making the move

colterphoto1

(continued thread from Architectural forum)

okay, I'm moving furniture right now (so as to have Cornwalls along long wall, thanks IndyKlipschFan and others), so from left to right across my hearth room (26x 17) on the long wall, it's the following:

4'dual doors to gallery, then in front of stone hearth it's Cornwall L/ 35"sony over RC7 2'stand, 1'space, firebox, then off to the right slightly inset in wall (hearth juts out 2 ') it's CornwallR, and equipment rack, then another 3' or so for door to garage.

Problem is that no matter what I do, until I can hang plasma over firebox or get another projection system, I can't quite get 35" centered between Corns, but at least I can get the 12' equilateral triangle between both Corns and prime seating position. RB3II's will be temporarily on back wall about 5 ' behind me, on tall antique cabinet or upright piano, which would be about 4 1/2' above floor, but only about 5-6 feet apart, hope this works for now.

I'm also off to pickup a Yamaha RXV2400 receiver this afternoon. Any hints for a new DVD player? I know to get progressive scan and I like Sony for it's slow motion and remote control. Not so much interested in SACD, etc. Any hints??

thanks.

Michael