how can I . . . .

Scp53

how can i increase my subs bass response?? in the basement it seems really crappy compared to the room upstairs. should I corner load this one?? its a titanic mk3 10" sealed sub. in the room upstairs the bass is VERY impressive(its not even corner loaded) but the carpeted floor and the cement downstairs must suck all the spl and vibration up?? should I get another sub?? Im actually considering selling this one. don't get me wrong and think this is a pos. its not. just that my room in the basement seems to demand more subbage. any suggestions?? should i build a ported box for this sub?? ive adjusted the phase and crossover and still the spl in the basement is poor. when its corner loaded in the basement the bass gets peaky. please help

scp53

You might try a corner...

Have an SPL meter?

Try moving the sub all over the place and testing SPL at various locations, noting peaks and nulls. Find the one that is best and leave it be...

In my room, the corner to the right of my home theater is very lively for bass. It really brings it out and helps a bunch. Oddly enough, the corner on the left is dead- I got less bass when I put my sub there than I did when it was essentially in the middle of my room. Rooms are wierd... they don't act how they should. Trial and error is about the only solution...

to easily find where your sub will sound the best try this:

place your sub at the listening area.

then walk around the room.where you ear the best bass should be the best place for your sub.

i think you don t need a new sub:if it sounded well before, it should still sound good.