Room dimensions according to PWK...

jlossint

PWK in a Dope From Hope dealer newsletter was quoting info from acoustician Richard Bolt, and some work he had done in the 1940's. It's about room size, it's about room proportions and the resulting "modes" (room resonances). Bolt's recommendation was 1:1.26:1.59. There are other "formulas", most notably and recently work done by R. Walker of the BBC in 1996. Walker's formula is more complicated but its the one I now use although my room was built (1982) around the info provide by Bolt.

• 2 weeks later...

A search in the 2 channel section of the forum will probably yield you much better results.

To save you some searching, I believe that you need open wall for at least 3 feet if not 4 feet, extending beyond the speaker. And then, you need to set your listening position such that each speaker is 45 degrees off center (basically, where the horns point straight at you). Generally, you get a better stereo image when you have the khorns on the wide wall, but this may not be plausible depending on the dimensions of your room (like when 45 degrees puts you behind the rear wall, or too close to it). At the same time, a short wall may put you too far forward in the room. I suppose I could sit down and do some math to get an idea what dimensions work best, but I'll leave that up to you 2.gif

I'll see if I can't find something from the Dope from Hope papers. I'm still trying to finish reading them.