Another great deal on Parasound / HALO gear!!

mmiles

About 18 month ago many took advantage of similar offer that came accross this forum. This offer is even better!

Here it is:

HALO C1 pre/pro + A51 amp = $5850.00 (+40% off MSRP) + $150.00 S&H = $6000.00

HALO C1 pre/pro + A52 amp = $5200.00 (35% off MSRP) + $100.00 S&H = $5300.00

HALO C2 pre/pro + A51 amp = $4650.00 (+40% off MSRP) + $150.00 S&H = $4800.00

HALO C2 pre/pro + A52 amp = $4000.00 (33% off MSRP) + $100.00 S&H = $4100.00

Pair JC-1 mono blocks = $3800.00 (+35% off MSRP) + $200.00 S&H = $4000.00 PAIRS ONLY

EXPIRES 10/29/04 NO EXCEPTIONS

This offer is 100% legit! As I stated above many benifited previously to a similar deal. For myself, well I'm thinking about a setting up a small HT in the bonus room now!

If you are currently dealing with a Parasound HALO dealer please continue to do so since it is important to maintain a positive relationship for service and support of your system in the future.

If interested please PM for your contact information.

Regards,

mm

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 10/22/2004 4:36:34 PM nicholtl wrote:

How on earth did these prices for HALO components come about?! That's crazy! That means someone with a flagship receiver should sell it RIGHT NOW and buy these RIGHT NOW!

----------------

To bad I already got my B&K amp, that I am quite happy with, otherwise, I would've seriously considered. Any deals on just the pre/pro? Would be nice to eventually replace my Denon AVR3802 that I am currently using as a pre/pro. To bad, I really don't have any extra money right now anyways (especially after dropping some donerios on a new pair of Volkl Supersport 5-star skis w/ Marker Motion AT/P.C.O.S bindings - oh boy, now I really can't wait till the ski season starts!)

To Add, of course, there is always the plastic, but I would rather not do that. 6.gif

Hey Cool to see you here Brent. Its me Dan from Delaware. Sadly my plans had to change but I am hoping to do something soon with the lower Parasound stuff. Mainly just looking at 2 channel stuff for a friend. I may just do something big next year as I may be getting a raise next summer(I hope) If the prices are low enough, I would be willing to buy sometime next month. Hope to talk to you later.

CD

howdy dang, i'm in maryland. salisbury actually.

someone asked about deals on just the pre pro. i don't think so. it has to be a "combo" as i recall.

glad to see we are getting so many views.

this is awesome deal folks. great gear just go to google.com and enter parasound c1, a51 etc and just look at the rave reviews.

how about some of the folks that bought the first go round chime in and give some feedback on your HALO experience and the service and advice you have recieved on your system.

regards,

mm

Based on using the gear, attending various shows etc. I'd say the HALO gear offers top notch performance, easy set up and rivals anything on the market for the money.

This deal (C1+A51) is awesome. IMHO noone in the market can touch this for the money.

mm

----------------

On 10/25/2004 11:23:44 AM mmiles wrote:

This deal (C1+A51) is awesome. IMHO noone in the market can touch this for the money.

----------------

Take any of the Halo components' retail price, double it, and still nobody can touch it. Unless bending over and grabbing the ankles and getting whooped up the a$$ by Halo is considered "being touched."

The biggest "knock" on the HALO is the lack of base mgt and speaker adjustment in the pre pro for mulitchannel audio.

IMHO these functions are better left done in the player. But each to his or her own.

I for one would like to see a high end universal player from HALO with a single cable multi channel audio connection and some flexible room EQ'ing but other than that I'm good for now.

The bottom line is this gear is top shelf and cost far less retail than the likes of Lexicon, Krell, Meridian, McIntosh etc. All excellent products with great performance, superb build quality and their own unique claim to fame.

But at these prices its lights out!

Regards,

mm

I didn't knock the Halo. The thing I like about it is the extra two channels that you can program and place between the mains and surrounds. You can't have enought speakers for me. I almost went for one, but the lack of bass management as you pointed out stopped me.

My point is the price. The Anthem is half the cost of the Halo C1 and offers some important features that Halo doesn't have. Anthem also isn't ripping people off, it's going the way of the computer. More processor power and features and cheaper then the previous model. Other preamp brands will also come out with better processors and such, but will also charge more then the last model. They don't pass along savings to the customer.

At your 40% off price the Halo is a good deal.

Q when I said "knock" I was referring to the magazine's (Sound and Vision) writers (David Ranada) comments not yourself.

However he (DR) also states...

"The HALO C1 is the only preamp in this group that can perform the onerous task of setting speaker balances and distance compensation signal delays all by itself... The results were as good as I could have done manually using a sound pressure meter and yardstick. In fact, given the C1's 1-dB adn 1-foot main channel ajdustment increments, it's doubtful that a professional installer could do it better. So if you want to roll our your high-end home theater system without outside assistance, the C1 might be your best bet"

"The C1 sounded like the other two preamps when set to the same surround mode but it can easliy made to sound very different - and often better in terms of spatial distribution of sound by using the those two programmable auxilary outputs." (Parasound recipes for Enhanced Surround or "7.5 channel" are built in or you can customize them too).

"The HALO displays extraordinary attention to detail (those 75 ohm BNC connectors) as well as a couple of surprising oversights (no bass management or distance compenstation for multichannel analog input). It deserves consideration for a large home theater by virtue of those programmable outputs, which have the potential to produce a sonic experience unmatchable by the other two preamps here or by most other equipment of any kind."

I think he liked the remotes as well... :).

The review did mention that the largest use of the 5" TFT display was during set up... "Its most important contribution is during setup, which can be done entirely using just the front panel controls and the screen."

The 5" TFT screen and beefed up power supply are the two primary differences in the C1 and C2. The latter will only play an important part for future hardware upgrades when they are released.

As far the multichannel audio debate earlier, well I'm not well versed enough to render a meaningful opinion so therefore I won't.

Regards,

mm

Brent,

I guess I should try to make myself clear about what I expect or want out of bass management. I'm talking about much more then the typical large/small/subwoofer choices. I want to be able to use all the DSP modes in the AV/processor on all the analog inputs. Yes I know I have to convert digital to analog signals back and forth way too many times, but right now there is no other way. I want to be able to pick PLIIx, Anthem logic or whatever I like so I can use 7 speakers instead of 5 for SACD's and DVD-Audio. I want to be able to use things like tone controls, notch filters, different crossover settings for different speakers, subwoofer crossovers that are different then speaker crossovers, all items that Anthem happens to be doing. No universal player does this. Right now I would gladly give up 5db of the signal to noise ratio to be able to tailor the sound to my room and my taste. There are too many trade-offs right now, because no one seems to be on the same page.

I agree with what you have to say about the Halo products and their supposed sound quality, even though I never heard one. I almost bought a C2 a few months ago. Then someone on this Forum told me to check out this Halo Forum and when I did I read too many post about the thing freezing up all the time. Then I called Halo and couldn't fine anyone to talk to me about the product or furture updates. Maybe the next generation of Halos will be more to my liking.

Would you sell me a C2 for $2,400.00?

I was at my Anthem dealer yesterday and he will let me have an AVM 30 for $2,700.00