RS-25/10 + Rb-15 questions - Help !

dazbug76

Hi, Im new here and this is my first post. :)

I live in Australia and have just seen the light..Klipsch!!

I have a few questions on my soon to be 7.1 setuo All rear speakers will be flush mounted on wall.

Q1. I want to put the RS-25(orRS-10) on the side surrounds. Do I also put these as the surround back speakers or would the Rb15 be a better choice. I thought of the RB15 for SB, but they have a rear port, which i thought u are not meant to flush mount?

Q2. Also, can someone tell me, are the RS-25/10 dipole, bipole or direct radiating speakers. They talk about the Wide range freq, but dont say what type they are. They sound like bipole.

Q3. One more question, in surround sound do can u still pin point where the sound is coming frm as in a gun shot or something (which I like) but also want the dispersed sound, as the left and right seating position are about 3 ft from speakers (surround and rears)

NB I will be running these with a Sherwood Newcastle R-965 flagship receiver with Jamo X fronts (these will be replaced soon, but have the horn tweeters so they sort of match)

----------------

On 11/1/2004 9:47:59 AM dazbug76 wrote:

Q1. I want to put the RS-25(orRS-10) on the side surrounds. Do I also put these as the surround back speakers or would the Rb15 be a better choice. I thought of the RB15 for SB, but they have a rear port, which i thought u are not meant to flush mount?

I was unsure about wall-mounting the RB-15s as well, when recommending them for a friend's system. The dealer and I discussed it, and basically decided that it must be OK since Klipsch put the keyhole mount back there. I tried them and everything seems to be working just fine.

Q2. Also, can someone tell me, are the RS-25/10 dipole, bipole or direct radiating speakers. They talk about the Wide range freq, but dont say what type they are. They sound like bipole.

Technically they are tri-pole, but the idea is basically the same.

Q3. One more question, in surround sound do can u still pin point where the sound is coming frm as in a gun shot or something (which I like) but also want the dispersed sound, as the left and right seating position are about 3 ft from speakers (surround and rears)

I use the RS-25s in my system and they do a very good job. The sound is accurate when it's supposed to be (the bounty hunter's blow gun shot in Star Wars Ep. II for example), yet fills the room nicely during atmospheric effects (the ambient sounds in LOTR: FOTR or Bourne Identity). Just make sure you get an SPL meter to properly calibrate the system.

John

• Like 1

I currently have the Jamo X series front and centre which also have the 'Horm Tweeter" I think for the moment i will buy a new sub and 4 new surrounds, then upgrade front later as they arent affixed to wall.

http://www.jamo.com/consumer/products/products.php3?id=X+550

I like the size of the Rs-10, but but they have only a 4" woofer s apposed to the Rs-25 which has a 5.25" woofer.

My jamo's have 6.5" woofers. Which would be a better blend. The only reason im worried about the RS-25 is that they are bigger, and the left and right listeners will be only 80 cm from the speakers if that (incl surrinds and surround back)

Also, would u reccomend getting Rs-10/25 for all surrounds (x4) do to the close proximity to the listeners heads. (ill be in the middle of the 3 single seater recliners, so wont worry me too much unless the GF beats me to the middle chair)

I'd really recommend either RB-10s or RB-15s for all four surrounds. If you can afford it or have the space, the RB-25s even, but they may be a little much given the close proximity.

I just finished an HT where I installed 5 RB-15s and an RW-8 and the RB-15s sound pretty good all around. The sub is a little weaker than what I'd like, but they (the owners) weren't too interested in big bass. As far as the proximity goes, are you going to be able to get the speakers raised a little? If not, then it shouldn't be TOO bad, but you will want to use a sound meter and a calibration disk to properly calibrate the system.

If people are going to be sitting VERY close, then remember they're going to be in the "line of fire" for part of the RS speakers, but not the rest. Sound mixes now are being done w/ direct radiating speakers in mind for proper stereo imaging, even between the corner speakers (front left to left rear). I would strongly consider the RB-10/5s if I were in your shoes.

John

• Like 1