Onkyo receivers

christjared

I don't know what to go with. I listen to alot of music but I also like to watch movies. In my dorm there isnt enough room to run a good surround system so I will settle with a 2ch set up for right now 8.gif. I was looking for some vintage receivers. My friends dad has an Onkyo TX-2500mkII with an audiosource EQ and some smaller JBL bookshelf speakers. This system has alot of base and is very loud with out distortion that I could hear. What is your guys' opinion on the Onkyo TX-2500mkII if anyone has heard it or has one? Would it be a good receiver to hook up to my KG4's? What other vintage stereo receivers would be a good choice for under $75? Thanks

Chris,

Try a search for Harman Kardon 430, 630, or 730 older receivers.......used by lots of folks here...........a nice twin powered receiver that will serve you well. I used this combo with My KG4's and enjoyed it. I went to seperates to try a different sound.

Try this link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=67799&item=5728774232&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW