HK 525 and RF-7's?

jake&sam

I currently have a Harmon Kardon AVR525 and am looking at the RF-7's for mains and the RC-7 for a enter channel. This will be primarily be for movies in a 12 X 20 room. Does the HK mate well with Klipsch, and if so will the 525 have enough guts to power the RF-7's? Also is there a big difference in performance between the Rf-7's and the RB-75 bookshelfs? I currently have an HSU VTF2 sub. thanks for your help.

----------------

On 11/9/2004 9:49:58 PM jake&sam wrote:

Does the HK mate well with Klipsch, and if so will the 525 have enough guts to power the RF-7's?

----------------

Is the Pope Catholic? Heck, yeah, the K/K unit mate very well for the '7s. Also, it'll have plenty of power to drive those speakers to most typical listening volumes.

Yes, as a future upgrade, it will be better to eventually get an out-board amp, bur for now, the H/K unit you have will work very nicely.

----------------

Also is there a big difference in performance between the Rf-7's and the RB-75 bookshelfs? I currently have an HSU VTF2 sub. thanks for your help.

----------------

Although I've never got much of a chance to hear the RB-75s myself, but I would imagine that RF-7s would be much better in the bass department than the RB-75s. There is some debate as to which has the better mid-range, though. I guess if you could swing it, try to listen to both and go with the one you like better. Also, if space is an issue, plus if you want to save a little bit of cash also, then the RB-75s could be a good choice in that aspect. Since you did indicate that you have a sub, the bass should not be to much of an issue anyway, as that HSU sub you have is considered to be a good unit.

The avr-525 is fine with Klipsch, and has plenty of high-current power for when the impendence of the RF-7 drops at certain frequencies. It should do fine. Plus it has nice bass management, so you can set them to "large" and sub to "LEF + R/L" with a crossover of 40 or 60 Hz for that added edge.

My h/k avr-325 drives La Scala's, with the bottom end re-inforced by a Hsu STF-3.

----------------

On 11/9/2004 11:42:56 PM psg wrote:

s/impendence/impedance/

s/LEF/LFE/

sorry about the typos... time for bed.

----------------

A public service reminder from the "net police" 11.gif

See that button right above your post that says "Edit Post"? You can use that to fix things like that. 2.gif