Martin Logan Prodigy or Definitive Technology BP7000SC

mmiles

Far be it for me to continue this thread, but I do have to say--um...your electronics matching for your tests were not even in the same league as each other!!!

I mean, you listened to the DEF techs on a Yamaha AVR and then sorta' compaired them to MLs on BAT and AIRE??

I'm not saying that one speaker is better than the other, but the listening conditions weren't even close!!

its like saying, "I put Khorns on my sony portable cd player which had a hard time duplicating 5.1, and then I put ML's on all Bryston 2 channel, and wow, what a improvement--the ML's are *clearly* better..."

I have no problems with whatever you like, but do your best to match the gear behind the speakers...its somewhat important-especially in MASSIVE differences as in your details.

yes, I think Def techs are great for movies, lacking for music though....

I hope you don't think I'm blasting you here, because I'm not--I'm just saying that the listening you did, didn't really give a accurate compairison on any of the levels, be it klipsch, ML, or Def Tech.

----------------

Definitive Technology

Listed to the BP7001SC and 2300 center channel. Great for movies but lacking in DVD-Audio and 2 channel imho. This could have been the room and amp (mid range Yamaha AVR. Great bank for the buck for HT! I wished the amp and processor where of higher quality. This I'm sure would have made a big difference.

On to the ML's. This was 2 channel

As a benchmark I listed to Wilson Watt Puppies just to compare. Of course the Wilsons where a bit more "refined" and vocals where somewhat more "natural" the biggest improvement was in bass. However the "puppies" where 3.5X more $$

too. BTW, the electronis was BAT prepro, FRELL mono blocks and a AYRE player, not bad stuff to have around.

Regards,

mm

----------------