rotel rmb-1075 or 1095???

caveboy

----------------

On 11/13/2004 7:07:42 AM caveboy wrote:

Hi guys, If i bought the rf-35 setup.. Think that rmb-1075 is more than enough power to deliver good quality sound.. Am i right??

----------------

Absolutely! The 1075 really is a great amp, highly cost effective, quieter than the 1095 and Very Very adequite to power your 35s. One of the dealer's I frequent is both a Klipsch and Rotel dealer and they use a 1075 in their large demo room to power Heritage and 7 series. They could have chosen either the 1075 or the 1095 since they don't have the issues of cost that concern us, but they chose the 1075 to show off the strong points of the higher end Klipsch. The 35s are in another room being powered by a 1067 receiver. Till recently I had my 1075 powering my 7 series with a Rotel RB1050 for the rears in a 7.1 setup. I never ever was able to drive the 1075 to clipping even at insane SPL levels. Requirements dictated another amp to run some outdoor speakers in zone2, so, I religated the 1050 to that task and Got a RB1080 for the FL & FR. Now the 1075 runs everything else. I prefer this setup because I am able to run just the 2 channel for music.

My expirences with Rotel are a little different. I purchased the Rmb-1075 to push my RF-7's and found the amp to be a little lacking. I returned it to my dealer and purchased a RMB-1095, there was a big difference across the spectrum. Not sure what jewishamerican was refering to about noise. I really like my RMB-1095. Never listened to the 35's so I can't make a judgement on that setup. Hope this helps.

Rob