Amp opinions please

jamhead

Hey all,

I'll keep this brief. I frequent another HT forum and have asked questions there, but I thought I would ask the Klipsch pro's a similar question. My current system consists of: Klipsch Reference 3II's; RC-3; RS-3; Yamaha RX-V520; and SVS 25-31pci.

I think my next upgrade will be the Yamaha. I don't have HDTV, or even a progressive scan DVD player (not much sense with my TV), but I listen to music most of the time (80 / 20 music/movies). My room is not good for HT - very open; no acoustic treatments; etc., but I'm trying to get the best sound I can out of these speakers. So, here we go.

I would love to go separates over the A/V receiver, but not a necessity. I'm looking to upgrade because my Yamaha may not have the "juice" I need when turning up the system (jam sessions). Also, only has DPL and I'm looking for more surround choices with stereo TV viewing (Neo 6; DPL IIx; etc). Also, my Yammie has no preouts (entry level receiver). So, I gotta replace.

Due to funds (lack thereof), I was leaning towards the Outlaw 950B / 7100 combo. 1700 bucks for both is hard to pass up. Does anyone use this combo with their Klipsch's and if so, how's the sound? Any other amps out there that make their Klipsch's sing? I just really don't want to go overload on electronics (spend more on amps, etc. then on speakers). Any advice would be appreciated. Also, can anyone really tell a difference with different similarly priced amps? Just wondering.