You know it was a good upgrade when..

Thoriated_Tiger

You break all sorts of traffic laws so you can hear it sooner after work.

Your friend with the glorified TV speakers is transfixed and left speechless by whats pouring out of your horns.

Same friend is committing sacrilege by having thoughts of abandoning his glorified TV speakers in favor of glorified theater speakers. 3.gif

Same friend is left aghast by how clear crisp and liquid a non-set amp can be.

You can't have the system play background music while reading anymore. It demands your attention, and is quite adamant about it.

What's your criteria for "Was a good upgrade?"

Close, but not. The subject of the thread is upgrades which make you do strange things, or have strange things happen.

Like spouses noticing a change, or cats lying in the sweetspot vs. running away in terror, etc.

In my case, my system was just there, till I threw in the last upgrade -- that's when I found myself not being able to read with it playing, driving like a loon to get home sooner to hear it, etc.

Going to a friend's house and scoping out their gear, yeah, that's indicative of audiophilla. But then, aren't we all allready afflicted to one dregree or another? 3.gif