Subwoofer testing in the center of the room. What orientation?

yoha

Hi folks,

I browsed the topics some of you posted on how to test the most appropriate placement for your sub. I noticed that you experts out there suggested placing the subwoofer on the sweet spot, crawled around the room while music is playing to find the best spot to put the sub at. My question is

1) how should the orientation of the sub be at the sweet spot during testing, should the sub's front circular shape thing be facing the front, left, right, back? i have a rw-12.

2) Also, on my current config(you can take a look here: http://members.cox.net/zer0sn0nes/system1.jpg), my sub is placed on the corner of the room. Standing/sitting on 3 corners of the room, i can feel the bass output very much, whereas if i sit on the center of the room(the sweetspot), i dont feel it alot. is this normal? or more importantly, the current placement of the sub is not ideal, that's why i hear the bass this way?

3) btw, what is a port? i read that some of you refer to the port, the driver. isnt the driver the circular shape thing that vibrates when the bass is output? how about the port?

4) lastly, for the sub placement testing, how one should decide the most optimal sound? is it not too much bass, etc?

Thank you for your insights.

Best Regards,

Yohannes