Heresy

agarcia

Can anyone tell me how a Hersey based system would compare to my departed KLF20 Legend based system? Don't ask why I departed with the KLF20's. I'ts a long, sad story. I'd be complimentimg the Heresy's with a M&K sub. The obvious response might be to find another set of legends, but I really need a more compact system. I auditioned the new referance series and found something missing. Piano, for example, just didn't sound as real as my Legends did. Local stores don't display any Heritage series speakers, so I'm finding it difficult to audition them. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Guest Anonymous

well, your best bet would be to find someone, probably on this forum, in your area that might be willing to let you listen to their hersey's... but i personally like the sound of 1 full range speaker like your legends over something with a sub, but also i would be that you would like a pair of hersey's over your legends. Will you be buying new or used? if you buy used go for the original hersey's over the hersey II's well thats what i would do at least

I have Heresy's from 1977 that I used with an M&K sub for some time

this is a great match

I always thought this to be the most powefull sub/sat system that one can put together. (if you can for a moment conders a Hersey a sat speaker, maybe a very large one)

I used this set up for my first HT system (pro-logic)

did not intially have rear speakers

I then upgraded to Forte II's in 1996 and the Heresy's went to the rear

still have the M&K sub

added KSP-S6's to the rears later on so I could have both direct or wide dispersion rears

before I bought the Forte II's I was considering buying a new pair of Hersey's

(actuall 3 speakers) but after close to twenty years of faithful service with the Heresy's, I wanted larger mains.

I am using a KLF-C7 for the center

it works out very well

it's not sonically identical to the Forte II's, which is most notable with test tones, but I needed something sheilded to place in front of my Mits RPTV.