RF-15 or Polk

ashoksrini

Hi folks..

I am looking to buy my first set of L/R speakers. I went to my local retail stores and heard to some of the available speakers and have narrowed down to Klipsch RF 15 or Polk Monitor 50 (within my budget!). Based on that I will buy the matching Home theater set (center, surround) I am sort of undecided on this part, both of them sounded good, but could not really compare (switching) since they were in different stores. Any suggestions on which one I go for? The Polk is cheaper by abt $200 also!. I got a Denon AVR 2805.

Thanks

well on this forum i think most will say the klipsch. i looked at the specs and the rf15s are definately going to play louder easier. but that shouldn't be a selling point. i think the best way to compare is buy both(if possible) and compare at your house. then return the ones you dont want. if you cant youll have to listen much better from store to store. i think the polk are more "laid back" and wont sound as "harsh"/"bright" as the klipsch will tend to. i personally would say the rf15's but its your money and most importantly its your ears. what ever sounds best to you is what you should get. good luck. 2.gif

scp53