Lexicon rear channel

Erik Mandaville

Shawn:

I'm short speaker cable, but want to get this up and going this weekend. Friday is my last day before a badly needed two-week break from school, and I will stop off and get some cable from Home Depot.

I'm going to take your advice for trying to get some good distance between speakers, but will need to relocate one of our 3 CD shelves to do that. I'm gussing that the rears will have to be balanced with the two front and center channels. The amp I'm going to use is a stereo, single-input (1 right, 1 left) integrated amp plus volume control.

I've been trying to get this crossover L-pad saga settled, but think that is about done for the time being. I want to focus more on getting the best surround sound I can while your Lex is here, and can always go back to looking at such things as inductors and capacitors and resonant peak filters and traps, etc. after we send back to you. At that point, I'll put the famous Klipsch minibox I built back into the system, which will be the best I can do until I find one of those amazing units (Lexicons)for our own. That that will happen is certain, it's just a matter of when!5.gif

I'll let you know, either by way of this forum or by email (probably the latter) how those rear channels go. I'm really looking forward to it! I guess it's something I've kind of been savoring as a treat to work on during my vacation from school.

Erik

Erik,

" gussing that the rears will have to be balanced with the two front and center channels. The amp I'm going to use is a stereo, single-input (1 right, 1 left) integrated amp plus volume control."

When you enable the rears by going into speaker setup->Custom Config and set them to small (120hz) that will also turn them on in the internal noise test menu. You balance them the same way as you did your L/C/Rs. You have the added advantage here that if you can't turn them up/down enough you can adjust the volume control on the amp then redo it in the Lexicon to get them to 75dB. Also be sure to set the distances for the rears when you hook them up too.

Have fun with it!

Shawn