Qiuntet

luciangel

I don't have a model number on the speaker, I bought it from someone. Anyway, it's of the small speakers called quintets...recently the speaker has become really quiet, much like listening to headphones w/o having them on your head. What happened to it and can it be fixed? (Mind you I mean fixed by me).

Guest Anonymous

check all your wiring and double check the settings on your amp, sometimes the mute buttons on your reciever do not turn the volume all the way off just about 75% down from teh volume that you had it on. so i would check that first. From there is it is the speaker for sure then you probably will not be able to fix them yourself. due to a cross over issue probably a bad cap or something

Guest Anonymous

really at this point the only thing that you can do is open the speaker and check all of the contacts inside the speaker and with out diag tools your only easy choice will be to take apart another speaker and swap components and if it comes out to be the cross over which it may be then you can get a voltmeter and check the to make sure the value of the resistors etc are the same as a working cross over from another speaker and if you find the bad part then you can probably order one.... but that would be a lot of work for those