While picking up the kids lego.....

Jimmytwo

So the other day I'm cleaning up the living area ... trying to get at all the lego and toast that seems to accumulate under the telly and I noticed something ..... no sound coming from the left front speaker??? Strange. so I put in a cd - left speaker works fine

then a dvd - no probs there either.

radio - all's sweet.

I put the cartoons (DBS mode) back on and still nothing from the front left.

I have also tried while in dbs the other sound modes - 5ch, stereo, direct, pure direct and that speaker is still as quiet as a mouse!

I'm running a Denon AVR3803 to RF 35s sc1 ss1s and a ksw12.

Any ideas on what the problem could be would be much appreciated.

thanks Jimmy

Jimmy,

On one end of the cables connecting your tv sound source to the receiver swap it so that left goes to right and right goes to left, now check your speakers - any change, did the problem move to the other side.

If the left channel is still not working, plug the source into another input of the receiver and see if you have both channels. If both channels now work it is your receiver.

If the problem moved to the other channel, try new patch cords otherwise it is the source.

Good luck,

Paul

Would you happen to have an RCA DirecTV DBS receiver? You said it was only when using the dbs, so I am not sure which sat receiver you have.

I have had two RCA sat receivers have issues with the RCA connectors on the back. They don't make a good connection and you have to wiggle the RCA cable to get sound out of it - interestingly I think it was the left channel that I had issues with as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if you are having the same issue.

Bryan