Klipsch SF3 with KV3

linusdeocampo

Welcome to the forum!!!

The SF-3s and KV-3 have different "voices", so the SC-3 is the best match. Do NOT use a small center channel. The center get about 75% of the sound in a home theater. The center channel is the most important speaker.

The KV-3 matches the KG series of speakers that are no longer made. It is quite good, but off axis response is less than ideal.

Bill

yeah the SC-1 is too small.. i was recently running my sf3s with the sc1, wasnt a good match. I would have bought an sc3 if I could have found one at the local best buy, but most of them in my area were out.

vanns.com sells the sc3 for 260. Ive got a bastardized sf3 as my center right now.

• 4 months later...

I am changing my HT system from 2 Kg3s and 1 KV3, plus NHT surrounds and sub to all Klipsch.

I expect to use KSX-5s for surrounds -- at least -- and perhaps for LCR, as well.

An alternative I am considering is the KVX-54s for LF & RF, and continue using my KV3 as the Center Channel.

From looking at the specs, I though this might be a relatively close match that might allow me to avoid having to also obtain a KVX-42 to use as a Center; that is, until I read your earlier post about using a KV3 with SF3s. Now I'm concerned. As you appear to have some familiarity with the KV#, I wouls appreciate your comments about the KV3 with the RVX-54s

Hoping that it may help, here's what I saw on the website as comparative specs:

SPECS RVX-54 KV-3

FREQUENCY

RESPONSE: 75-20kHz ±3dB 63Hz-20kHz±3dB

SENSITIVITY: 98dB @ 2.83 volts/1m 95dB @ 1watt/1meter

POWER

HANDLING: 150 watts max 75 watts maximum

continuous continuous

(600 w peak) (375 watts peak)

NOMINAL

IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms compatible 8 ohms

ENCLOSURE

TYPE: Bass reflex Bass reflex

via rear-firing port via front-mounted port

CROSSOVER

FREQUENCY: 2300Hz ?

TWEETER: 1" Titanium dome K-89-KV 1" Polymer dome

compression driver compression driver)

HIGH

FREQUENCY

HORN: Integral round 90° Exponential Cone

Tractrix® Horn

WOOFER: Four 5.25" Two K-1019-SV 6.5"

Cerametallic cone, Poly cones

magnetically shielded

Another thing I found odd was that I couldn't tell from the specs whether the RSX-5s have a horn of any sort at all. If that's the case, isn't that unusual for Klipsch?

- Paul