Klipsch klf-30 are they good for 2 channel?

jac23

Hello,

Please excuse me for this "dumb" question.. i see that most board members are high class experts especially regards so called classics ouydated klipsch models.i have read that lot's of them like the cornwall model concerns 2 channel stuff.now,i have an option to purchase a pair of completely new klf-30 out dated speakers in very low price. they (if i will buy) will be integrated together with my Tannoy oxford old speakers,and the reciever is Marantz sr 7200.

i admeet that i did not heared these speakers yet but,as i love natural "big" flat soundstage,and while reading here - i have the feeling i may like 'em.

for HT issue - i have learned enouth from the forum,but can anyone report his impetions with legend regards audio?

thank's in advance - sj

jac, all i can say is i love the sound of my klf-30 also for 2-channel stereo music w/ my set-up which includes the marantz sr-8000.

also have cornwalls & actually the klf-30 are louder (102db vs 98.5db), though a bit brighter in the mids & highs. to me they seem to have more slam (louder), especially in that 2nd octave (40-80hz), than any speaker i've ever heard in their price range (even at msrp).

be nice if u could listen to them 1st w/ your equipment, but w/ my marantz i find them to be excellent. especially w/ rock music. best kick-drum reproduction i've ever heard on a speaker at us$2k or less.

------------------

Klipsch KLF 30 (front), KLF C7, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub woofer

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnect & Monster CX-2 biwire & Z1 cable

Marantz SR-8000 receiver

Sony DVP-C650D 5-disk cd/dvd player

Sony Trinitron 27" stereo tv

Toshiba hi-fi stereo vcr

Technics dual cassette deck

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 digital cable box

Boa's Listenin Lounge:

Klipsch RF-3, RC-3

Monster MCX Biwires

Sony STR-DE935 a/v receiver

Kenwood KR-9600 AM/FM stereo receiver (vintage 1975)

Russound AB-2 receiver switch to RF-3

Teac PD-D1200 5-disk cd changer

Technics SL-1950 turntable/AT LS500 cartridge

rock on!

Thank's for replaying so fast,boa

yes - i will hear them this week and i hope to hear them at my new penthouse saloon for the rest..

actually - i am not bass freak: my interests in audio lays basically on progressive rock,RIO (rock in oppsition),vocals,jazz and brass bands and (of course) classical music. i think they might be the right choice.

BTW - i see that you have marantz reciever and from my experiance and testings - marantz got the BEST sound recievers (especially for audio) they sometimes sounds like expenssive tube amplifiers.

best wishes - js

yes jac i agree the marantz have that tube/seperates sound. mine behaves like one too. to get to my 100db listening level say using the dvd/cd player i have to crank the receiver volume to -10. but once it gets there it really sings. & the gains from there are monsterous.

Biggrin.gif

if it's at all possible, maybe u could listen to some cornwalls too. they are great for all music. see thread under Tech "to spike or not...". i posted what i thought about the klf-30 & cornwall.

few reviews on the net for them too. try google search. here's 1: http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_7_1/klipsch-klf-30-speakers-3-2000.html

have fun!

This message has been edited by boa12 on 08-12-2001 at 02:23 PM

You can find some limited info in the classic speakers listing on the website.

There are comments about rock and roll, but I'd think they're good for everything. Note that these are a three way system with a tratrix midrange horn. A plus in my book.

Gil