My amp died

coops

Hello all. I have had my Promedia 4.1 about a year now but started to use it less and less when the back panel on the amp would get hot. So hot that it would burn your hand if touched and it would heat up the room, which is not a good thing on a hot Florida day. I decided to fire it up the other day after buying a new sound card and tackle Doom 3 and as usual it got hot and so I turned it off after 30 mins or so. Now it will not come on at all. I checked the fuse but it looks okay to me.

Anybody had this problem before?

Is it worth trying to fix?

Cheers

I am not suprised your amp died. I don't know why Klipsch cant produce a durable amp. I understand that the amps are made in China or some other place, maybe it is time to fire that vendor and find another amp maker that can design and produce an amp that is in line with Klipsch's reputation. If you search this forum it is littered with amp problems with Promedia's. I love Klipsch and it is a shame they keep putting out pieces of chit like the Promedia series. They sound great but last for nothing. Hell even with my Klipsch KSP 400's the amps suck. I have had them repaired 3 times in 8 years! My recommendation is to send them back to Klipsch for repair. I for one will never ever buy a powered Klipsch speaker again.

They do sound pretty darn good and yes, it seems amp problems are common. THX does not seem very impressive any more. We recently built a home theatre and I filled the room with Klipsch speakers to match the old pair of choruses that I love. The system was expensive but great. Interesting how the salesperson nudged me toward Velodyne subs. I was going for the Klipsch subs but my experience with this one put me off.

Thanks for the reply.