P trap questions on heresy E

jfmacken

I have seen a few discrepencies regarding this "P trap" in past posts. Which values of capacitor and inductor are the correct choices to use with the old K55V driver? I am also interested in hearing exactly how to connect this in simple terms (this end of the capacitor connects precisely here on the crossover, or this part of the inductor connects there). If they could be tightened down via the squawker terminals on the crossover that would be very easy. I am getting a 9k peak in my mid driver that really flares when playing the talking heads! Thanks6.gif

Values: a 3 uf cap in parallel with a .1 mH coil in line with the midrange. As verified with the inventor (in person within the last 6 months).

A Simple Connection: Place the 2 items side-by-side. Twist each pair of ends together and solder. Cut, in the middle, the positive side of the wire from the crossover to the midrange and insert the P-Trap (polarity of the P-Trap is unimportant).

There are more complicated connection options, but they are all electrically the same, just different in placement along the the positive side of the line from the crossover to the midrange.

Just an comment: I understand from several sources that the 9k peak is EXTREMELY rare in the solder version of the midrange (which was put into use about March 24, 1980).

I hope this helps.