McIntosh MHT-100

Flason

Does anyone know of this receiver? There is a used one locally for sale, though I think they are asking to much for it. It is a stunning piece of equipment. Of course it would have to sound pretty darn sweet to beat out my Parasound 2205AT\B&K Ref 30 combo. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Processors become obsolete rapidly. Hence, a separate amp is a good investment while processors and receivers are not good investments. With the advent of Blu-Ray and HD-DVD, sound standards will change soon. There will be backward compatability at the expense of not being able to use some of the new features.

My view is that Mac amps with autoformers are a good investment, but processors and receivers will go obsolete too soon to be worth the money.

B&K, Sunfire, Lexicon and Anthem have retrofitted (some times for a fee) their processors with newer features. I have never read of a Mac being updated. It does not mean it has not happened, I just have not read about it.

Bill