Old Hereseys, general info?

mmmalmberg

WWELLLL...

I got the 2uF caps from Bob and rebuilt the networks as E's. Put a layer of 1" fiberglas on the left side and bottom, and part of the back of each. I left a printout of the "E" schematic folded under one of the xovers with an inch or so sticking out, for reference for the next rebuild if they make it that far.

They are cured. Absolutely. They sound, I'm sure, like they're meant to. I never did measure the impedance of the woofers - if things hadn't sounded right that would have been one of my next steps. But now that my KEF's lack luster against the Heresey's, I'm happy. Thanks to everyone for your help, and thanks Bob for getting those caps out so quickly!

I hope I don't get any cancer or whatever from the orange goop that leaked out of the old caps...

BTW I'm driving these with a modded ST70 I just built, the output xformers and chrome chassis are the only original parts. Current weak link is the as yet un-rebuilt PAS-3. And our house was built in the early 60's, so it's all quite sympatico.

Thanks again for the quick and useful responses.

best,

Mark M.