Video options? What's your opinion and set-up.

Ghostkid

First a little history, I've just dedided to upgrade this next year. New house so I need new equipment

Back when surround sound was first coming out and popular and affordable, I jumped on the band wagon and got Dolby analog receiver, HIFI Vcr, and 32 in TV. It was great in the day. I had that for about ten years and I recently got a 6.1 receiver and 27 TV w/components. Now I'm going to upgrade the Speakers to Klipsch. But the 27 inch tv is a temp and will go to my wife's viewing area downstairs. I have a 16x15 loft. I will either have the seats at and angle in the room or parallel to a wall.

I'm wondering what I should use a video source. Looking around 50 inches for LCD or DLP Rear projection or a Front projector Room has one small window. Tried an old projector and it worked fine, Need to know experience with watching tv, movies, video games (that's my priority ). Have Satelite.

Not sure what you're looking to spend, but the Samsung DLPs are (in my opinion) among the best for picture quality. I have a 5683W (the one with the pedestal built in) and love it. DVDs & PC games look great. I'm using a DVI connection from the PC.

Not sure what gaming system(s) you use, but I have heard the is some button lag on the PS2. Supposedly it's noticed most on golf games and such where timing on the swing meter is critical.

Can't vouch for TV, I actually don't watch any (cable or otherwise).

I do like the Samsungs DLPs, I play on the Xbox, but have old game systems too, for vintage reasons. I've heard that either the LCD or DLP is better for TV watcing. Also what's the bulb replacement cost for the Pedestal. I love the way it looks, but my wife would be upset if I ditched my tv stand. It's perfect for a new DLP OR LCD rear proj. or even a projector set up I can place the center channel and other items on it then.