Forte II sale price

dbass2

I am somewhat new to Klipsch speakers. I recently looked at a pair of Forte II's for sale locally for $400/pair. They are clear Oak and they have some imperfections to one of the cabinets and some damage to one of the passive radiators. The damage includes a tear in the passive radiator about 2 inches long. And the only other damage is one of the cabinets has some damage with the wood chipped in a couple spots.

1) Is refinishing these cabinets an option?

2) Are they worth $400 for the pair. Should I offer less? Klipsch does not make passive radiator anymore. Tech @ Klipsch said to repair cone with Elmers glue and it should be fine

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

$400 is less then what they usually sell for, but they seem to have had a rough life so I'd probably offer less and see if he'll take it.

As for the glue on the passive radiator, I've never actually tried it but have heard of others doing it without any complaints so it sounds feasible.

It would probably be a good idea to make sure the midrange and tweeters are functioning before buying them. With the way you've described them, they might have been abused so I'd want to play it safe and check the drivers to make sure they're not blown.

Actually, $400 is right on target for a nice pair. E-bay prices have been over-inflated, IMO, for the last year or more and the inflated prices have crept over to other sales forums. heresy2guy is right on the money for offering less. It will cost you money to fix the passive radiator as well as refinish the speakers. But once fixed up, dollar for dollar, the Forte's are hard to beat.