HK 335 or Pioneer 1014tx

Rick

I have narrowed my search down to theses 2 receivers. Best Buy has the Pioneer on sale this week for $399 and I can get the HK for $469 from J&R's. For now the receiver will be used for a bedroom HT system. I will be running the Promedia Ultras through the preamp out section of the reciever. I will also be running the Promedia 2.1's through the surround back preamp outs for a 7.1 system. In the future the reciever will be running a Synergy or Reference Series 7.1 system. I am torn between these 2 recievers. I like the reviews I have read on both of them. I like the looks of the HK better. I don't know if I care about THX certification or not. The HK has more digital inputs and a coaxial output in addition to the optical output. The Pioneer has component video upconversion and the HK does not. What I care MOST about is sound quality. It will be used for 50% music and 50% HT. I am leaning a little towards the HK but would appreciate any input on this as I will be purchasing one of them by Wednesday.

Guest Anonymous

hk 335 hands down jandr is the best price you will find from any authorized dealer, over the pioneer, lower distortion seperate amps for every channel, rather than one cnetral amp that uses a circuit board to divide the power up, hk will sound better with music because of this and have much better channel seperation in your movies. Don't buy for looks, buy for sound and the hk is a better choice