Strange Situation...

bburkava

I just purchased some new sets of speaker cable, and went today to swap them out. I did nothing but take the old ones out and put the new ones in and hooked them up to my Denon 3805, and when I turned it back on, there was only a signal coming from one of the mains, and nothing was coming out of either the other main or the center (I only run a 3.1). I swapped the cables to make sure they weren't defective, and all of the speakers and cables still work, but only from the FR binding on the receiver. I went into the setup and tried to do manual test tones, but it will only let me test the one that works. Also, the old wires and new ones are both bananas, so there was violent contact or anything in the swap. If anybody has any ideas I'd really appreciate it.

Brian

Wow, I feel like an idiot. One of the inputs from the source I was listening too came loose and that was the problem. Also, I just want to thank whoever it was that recommended Parts Express for cables. I got a set of the Dayton Audio speaker cables, and they are absolutely gorgeous as well as pretty cheap. Thanks again.