Cornwall Drawing Question

boom3

Please place CW posts on that thread, it's just a little old. I brought it back to top.

You need to review the entire thread. THere are dimensions for the grille, motor board with back mounting, motor board with 601 and K77 flush mounted in rabbets. I'm not sure of the overall dimensions of CWII grill as I don't have one, but the overall dimensions of the box look to be within 1/4 or so of being the same. If your motor board changes a bit, just recenter the position of the cutouts, but I measured the cutouts personally.

COMING SOON. positions for motorboard and grille cutouts for a 1963 (and other) VERTICAL Cornwalls. Especially helpful if you wish to construct you own Vertical cabinet (for horizontal placement) for center channel home theatre use. If thats not confusing enough, the speaker is lying down on it's side, but the horns still go side-to-side. whew!

Michael

----------------

On 2/18/2005 9:08:19 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

"Please place CW posts on that thread, it's just a little old. I brought it back to top."

I did, on 2/10. Thank you Michael for having the courtesy to respond.

"You need to review the entire thread. THere are dimensions for the grille, motor board with back mounting, motor board with 601 and K77 flush mounted in rabbets."

I've reviewed the thread and all the drawings. No where is it explicity stated that the drawings are for the K601. No mention of K-79 tweeter. I can template from my own pair 86 CW IIs for this,and I'll be glad to post those results. I thought the aim was to have a common baseline that could be changed to reflect all known variants of the Cornwall (vertical, CW I, CW II with K600/K77 flush mounts, later CW IIs with flush K601/K79s, etc).

----------------

Sorry Boom,

My post regarding the front baffle mount speakers was for my weird combination (I bought parts from a very rare CW apparently) which had the K57 driver on a K601 mid, so you have those dimensions, but for a K77.

WOuld welcome your post of your baffle board and grille openings. It's going to be an encyclopaedia before we get through. There was lots more than just CW and CWII, there are both of those in the various vertical types, ones with K57 instead of K55, K77 v K79, Lord knows how many xovers. Probably about 10 Cornwall configurations in all.

Michael