Heresy I Grill help needed !

ob1db

Could you possibly post any detailed pics of the speaker you're working on? I just still don't get how the grill cloth was attached. I have 78 Heresy's model HDBR, the have the front of the cabinet framed in with base shoe molding. The grill is made from thin black masonite, covered with cloth that's glued on where it's wrapped around the back. small velcro dots hold the grill to the speaker.

I don't understand the deal about the cloth being stapled directly to the front of the box, then base shoe molding nailed over it. Wouldn't this look bad from the side, like you would be able to see a gap between the molding and the box with grill fibers sticking out? I've never understood this deal, never having seen any done this way. Does anybody have pics of this deal?

send me you email address to tmoble at yahoo daught com, you can figure out the anti-spam stuff. I do have those emblems, they were reproduced as a forum project a couple years ago. There's no charge for the emblem but I'll ask you send me a USPS priority mail stamp and self addressed stick-on label.

I looked at your speakers again and they are definately an older speaker than mine. The spacing between the woofer and the horn is greater on yours than on mine. I talked with a friend that owns eight pair on Klipsh Heritage and bought/sold dozens and velco/masonite grills didnt appear until the late 60s. The early ones, starting in the 50s, all had the grill cloth stretched across the baffle and the trim tacked on over it.

As stated above, Id go and ream the guy that tore off the grill/trim and lost it.

taylor