Great test for Stereo set up

jacksonbart

I have been finding myself just listen to music more and more, especially CDs I had before I upgraded. Look at my profile for equipment, (pics posted of the room hi HT) but before you discount me, you have to try, if you have not already track 8 on AMUSED TO DEATH (rest of the album is great imo). The crack of the axe on the wood is almost dead center and the horse (equipped with bells on their leather harnesses) drawn sled approaches from the left and passes through the sound stage off to the right. The Ferrari 246GT passing right to left is not quite as impressive later in the track, but holy S its cool. Saw a post from maxg that mentioned that CD and it inspired me to give it a listen. I had a re-adjust the toe in a bit, but now its sweet. Much wider presentation in stereo (Denon terms "pure direct") than any multi channel effect can produce. I really like PF and Roger Waters. Goose Bumps.

Its an Album from Roger Waters from Pink Floyd fame. It was release in 1992 by Columbia. PF was composed orginally of Waters, Rick Wright (keyboards), Nick Mason (Drummer) and David Gilmour (who was replaced early on by Syd Barret, the inpiration for DSOM) Radio KAOS is also very good. They are both worth a listen (IMO).

I thought that title sounded familiar! That is what I posted to Max and he didn't contradict. I may have on LP, is this avail on CD as well? Also have Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking. Roger W was a master at recording massive sound effects onto his tracks. Have to locate this one and dust it off. Thanks.

Michael