Channel Islands Audio; GOOD STUFF!

Pure Corn

Hello All,

After many purchases and subsequent sales, my quest for gear is finally over. I've settled on the following Channel Islands Audio components:

VPC-1 Passive Preamp. Really just a volume control with two unbalanced inputs.

VMB-1 Monoblocks. 40wpc semiconductor "chip" amps.

VPP-1 Phono Preamp.

VDA-1 DAC.

VAC-1 Power Supply.

These components work very well together, and the monoblock "chip" amps / passive preamp combination is fantastic. I've found midrange sweetness on par with the Cary stuff I have and bass that matches Bryston SS gear.

Anyone one in the market for components that work well with Heritage Klipsch speakers could not go wrong by taking advantage of the 30-day in-home demo offered by CIAudio (www.ciaudio.com).

Regards,

Orson

Well it's about time I heard something about those Mono Blocks! To me they are really interesting and affordable, and it seems they came out with the 100watt version.

Are you getting any hum, hissing in the speakers or unusual noise at all with them? Reason I ask is in our house with the windows closed it is VERY quiet and the electronic equipment is just a few feet away. Most of the listening is done at lower levels and I like it quiet, except for the music of course 1.gif .

Glad you are happy2.gif , I'm still searching for the "good" sound.

The VMB-1s are almost noiseless. Very "black." This is one of the reasons they appeal to me. I'm finding my tastes lean towards transparent equipment as opposed to equipment that sweetens the sound. The VPC-1 and VMB-1 combo excells in the transparency dept. They are noticably better than the Adcom GFP-750 and Bryston 3BST combo I recently sold. Less $$$ too, though less flexible.

The 100w amps you refer to are the D-100s. They are Class-D switching amplifiers. I've considered trying them, but am happy with what I have. The 40wpc rating of the VMB-1s is very conservative. They drive my CWIIs good as the 3BST.

----------------

On 2/22/2005 6:14:59 PM Speedball wrote:

While I'm killing you with questions..
3.gif
.....Do they run hot to the touch?

......Enjoy.

----------------

Not in the least, and that's amazing. They don't even get warm to the touch until I push them very, very hard. They also have never clipped. I've had my CWIIs playing loud as physically possible to withstand, and they just get warm.

In contrast, I have a set of Monarchy Audio SE-100 Delux Class A monos (they sound great too) that get so hot you literally can't touch them. The 3BST gets hot as well. I had an Adcom GFA-535 that I could easily push into clipping, and it's rated at 60wpc.