Reviews of Music I'd Like to read

cluless

Clue, glad to see you listen to modern rock! I don't have 3 Doors Down's newest album, but I like the band very much and their "Away From The Sun" album is fantastic. Certainly not a one-hit wonder.

I'm about to buy Mars Volta's new album in the coming days, and I hear it's even better than "De-Loused in the Comatorium," which is saying alot, since that album was genius.

Not too much of a recent U2 fan, so I have no opinion on them.

Also don't dig Queens of the Stone Age too much. You don't happen to live in Los Angeles, do you? Because the 4 groups you listed get alot of airplay on KROQ nowadays.

By the way, just going out on a limb here, but judging by your taste, I think you should also check out My Chemical Romance's "Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge" and possibly Mogwai's "Government Commissions."

Frances the Mute ROCKS. I've been listening to it today while working....It is one of those albums that will take MANY listens to sink in....The last 45 minutes of the album, although separated into tracks, make up one giant song. Loved De-loused, one of my favs. This one doesn't dissappoint, although I do wish there were more stand-alone songs and a little less noodling...although that may change with multiple listens. Track 3 ROCKS.

As for Lullabies to Paralyze...I've heard it once, and wasn't overly impressed, although it does have some good songs. I'm saving final judgement for the final version of the album (what I heard was downloaded and muddy sounding). I LOVED Songs for the Deaf...this one doesn't seem to measure up.

dblue-

Thanks for the review, I beleive that you are the one that suggested Deloused on the forum some time ago, which I find totally fascinating. 1.gif

I also love Songs for the Deaf, but I've not been overly impressed with what I've heard of their earlier music (very limited).

My goal here is trying to keep the population of the "mistake shelve" on my Cd rack down.

Clu, not sure if you read the Feb 28th recommendations thread, but dblue and myself (although myself moreso) were disappointed with "Frances the Mute." Buy with caution.

As for 3 Doors Down's "Seventeen Days,' it's a fantastic album. They're still holding onto their pop-rock sound, and the album is 3/4 rock out tunes, 1/4 ballads. A good mainstream album for any rock fan.

And by the way, since both dblue and you, Clu, have similar taste in music as me, I have one and only one recommendation I INSIST you take and buy, regardless of whether or not you're heard their music before.

Muse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muse_%28band%29

They are my all-time favorite band, topping every single favorite I've ever had in my 24 years alive. Over Metallica. Over Guns n' Roses. Over Boys II Men. Over Dr. Dre. Over Bone Thugs n' Harmony. Over Incubus. Over Coldplay. And even over Radiohead.

Please, go out and buy their album "Absolution." It's the greatest record in the history of post-punk/alternative rock.

The new U2 sucks!!! Worst money I have spent in a long, long time!!! I can't give this CD away! No one I know wants it. I think that U2 either needs to change their style completely, or just give it up. And who did the Mastering and Mixing? Their sound guy needs to have his ears checked!!! One of the worst sounding CD's I have.